Today marks a change– I’m finally working again, albeit as a contractor, for a localization company west of Boston. Which means several things:
- It actually matters when I get up in the morning
- I have somewhere to be
- I am in charge of some other people
- The words “Flash” and “Specialist” are part of my job title
- I have a cafeteria that sells all kinds of hot and cold meals, very cheaply
- I like everyone I meet here
- My deadlines are intense, and there are whispers of required weekends
- I don’t care about that, because I’m paid hourly.
That is all. Oh, and I feel just awful commuting 20 miles every day. I am not doing my part for the environment, and I am disappointed in myself.