So yea, I went to the movies on 6/6/06, to see the remake of The Omen. I was surprised to find the theater packed on a Tuesday night, but the full house added to the suspense.
Here’s my quick review: ready?
- The story takes its time to develop, but its not “slow”.
- The production design was incredible, with on-location shooting in Italy, London, and Jerusalem.
- Julia Stiles is one of the better actresses of her generation, and it was interesting to see her play a wife and mother.
- Why is the Roman Catholic hierarchy always portrayed as evil?
- Kids are creepy.
- Mia Farrow is creepy.
- Why are horror films all edited like The Ring now?